So, you want to keep your landline?
You want to keep your landline for as cheap as possible. That makes sense: you've had the number for so long, it's registered in so many places, and you need a home phone number.
Community Phone is your cheapest way to cut the cord and keep your number, with plans starting at $2/month and 3 months of free call forwarding.
In this blog post, we'll explain how to:
- Check if your Number is Eligible
- Save $300+ a year by choosing the Right Provider
- Select an Option for Keeping your Landline Number
- Complete the Process by using our Self-Transfer Form
Step 1: Check if Your Landline is Eligible
Not all landline numbers can be parked or forwarded. Luckily, we can check for you.
Type in your landline number, your provider and your email (so we can send you the result). You'll receive the results a few seconds after submitting the form.
Step 2: Choosing the Best, Cheapest Provider
You want to find a company which can keep your number. The most important factors to consider are:
- Availability - Does the provider offer number parking options?
- Cost - Does the provider give you the best price?
- Ease of Use - Does the provider make it easy to complete the process?
None of the big providers meet these three criteria. Other options -- like Google Voice and other VOIP services -- are more expensive than our offer, and few are as reliable and as easy to set up. We complete the entire park or forward process for you.
Step 3: Keep the Number, Cut the Cord
Lastly, you need to decide how you'd like to keep your landline number. There are three options available to you:
- Parking the number for safe keeping
- Forwarding the landline number to your current cell phone
- Placing the number on a new cell phone - like an old-school flip phone.
To learn more about these options, you can visit our landline page below.